A large number of MBA students across the globe intend to pursue their degree outside their home country. Are you thinking of studying abroad? The United States, Europe and Canada are home to many of the world’s top-ranked business schools. Consider these tips if you’re hoping to make one of them your degree destination.
Create your short list
You’ll want to spend some time researching schools in your target country to find the ideal one for you. Some questions to address:
- What specific kind of program are you looking to attend? Which schools rank highest for that program?
- What type of school would you like to attend? Big? Small? Public? Private?
- Where would you like to be? Somewhat close to home? All the way across the world? Big city? Small college town? Warm climate?
- Do you want to be among a large international student population? Some schools have a higher percentage of graduate students from other countries.
- What are the financial implications? Consider travel and visa costs, as well as differences in tuition and cost of living.
Know what you need for your application
In addition to filling out the official application, writing a personal statement and gathering your transcripts, you’ll have to choose an admissions test:
- The GRE® General Test has several unique features that make it a smart choice for MBA hopefuls. See if the schools on your list accept GRE® scores.
- You will likely have to prove your English proficiency to attend an English-speaking business program. A top choice for doing so is with scores from the TOEFL® test.
Refer to university websites and don’t hesitate to contact the admissions offices for complete details on each school’s requirements. You’ll also want to check with each country’s immigration office for student visa information.
The GRE® General Test is accepted by more than 1,300 business schools worldwide, including top-ranked MBA and specialized master’s programs. Learn more about why you should make it a part of your business school plans.
Pursue your dreams
Whether it is in the United States, Europe or anywhere else, don’t let anything stop you from pursuing the school of your dreams, and ultimately, the career you have always wanted. An advanced degree can make all the difference in your life’s path, so commit to making it happen, starting today.